Last updated June 12, 2019
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Assistance Dogs International (“ADI”,“Organization”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at [email protected].
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
ADI collects the following data:
- Name and Contact Data. We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data.
- Credentials. We collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
- Automatically Collected Data. Some information – such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics – is collected automatically when you visit our Sites.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide ADI with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey, provide feedback on our contact form, update membership information, or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How will we use your data?
ADI collects your data so that we can:
- Manage your account and facilitate account creation and logon process.
- Email you with updates on member-related information.
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
How do we store your data?
ADI securely stores your data on our server and in our membership database.
ADI will keep your form submission data and membership information on our server until contacted to remove.
What are your data protection rights?
ADI would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request ADI for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that ADI correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request ADI to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that ADI erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that ADI restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to ADI’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that ADI transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: [email protected]
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: [email protected]
Or write to us at: