Accredited Membership benefits include:
- An accreditation and evaluation process that ensures that all ADI Standards are implemented, maintained and current to the highest standards around the world.
- Immediate credibility is awarded to our members due to the outstanding global reputation of ADI as the leader of the industry.
- Ability to state they are meeting “ADI Standards,” which are the highest standards in the assistance dog industry.
- Voting rights within the organization.
- An invitation to attend all regional and international ADI Conferences to share best practices, education and facilitate information.
- Opportunity to network and build relationships with staff and other programs that meet ADI Standards and share similar values and ethics.
- Opportunity to submit nominations for leadership positions for regional and international board positions and participation in board committees.
- Listing in the accredited members program search on ADI website for individuals seeking an assistance dog.
- Access to the “Members Area” on the ADI website for access to confidential information and resources including detailed information on public access laws.
- Placement of available employment opportunities on the ADI website.
- Participation in Trainer’s Certification Program (currently under revision).
- Receive the ADI ENewsletter
- Networking with other accredited and candidate programs via closed Facebook Group Pages (Directors, Training Directors, Puppy Raiser Managers, IWDR Database Group, Communication and Marketing, etc.).
- Opportunities to be involved with regional legislative advocacy to address issues and access laws related to the rights of individuals partnered with assistance dogs.
- Display ADI Accreditation Logo on their letterhead, website, marketing materials in strict coherence to the ADI Style Guide.
Regional benefits include:
- Participation in ADI partnered program with American Airlines Puppies in Flight Program. (ADI North America)
- Opportunity to apply for the ADI ABC Breeding Cooperative Program. (ADI North America)
Additional benefits provided by outside sources:
- Accredited member graduates fly with ease on many international airlines with appropriate documentation.
- Accredited member graduate USA war veterans may apply and receive Dog of Record benefits from the Veterans Affairs Department (VA) for veterinary expenses.
- Accredited member graduates have access to all United States VA facilities and military bases.
- Ability to participate in regional groups such as Assistance Dogs UK and others.